Saturday 8 May 2010

The secret to Rory McIlroy's swing for £19.99

McIlroy shot a course record 62 at Quail Hollow to capture his first PGA title, and become the youngest winner on the Tour since Tiger Woods in 1996. The Northern Irishman, who turned 21 on (May 4th) carded an eagle at 15 and eight birdies in a 10-under-par final round to win by four shots from Masters' champion Phil Mickelson.

"I'm delighted - I don't think I've ever played a better round in my life," McIlroy said afterwards. "I'm just so excited. I got off to a pretty slow start this week and had to fight to make the cut and the weekend was just very, very special."

He added: "I suppose I just got in the zone. I didn't realise I was going eight, nine, 10 under par. I just knew I'd got my nose in front, I was just trying to stay there. Ever since I was 10 or 11, I wanted to be a professional golfer and you know it's been a crazy ride to this point. "

Mickelson described McIlroy as an "amazing talent"
and added: "To win [on the tour] at 20 is incredible. He's some kind of player."

If you would like to learn from Rorys coach (Michael Bannon)send for the 6stepgolflesson double DVD by logging onto www.the19thlounge.com

No comments:

Post a Comment